Three workouts down, three to go this week.  Down .5 lb.


Feeling sore, but energized.  The days I worked out I didn’t feel like taking a nap, but slept like a log at night!  Trying to workout with kids in the house is difficult, when they are awake that is.  Either they are fighting or jumping around me so I’ve been working out when they take a nap.  Mornings are a no go unless I get up way before the crack of dawn because these little munchkins are early risers.  And that means breakfasts and refereeing first thing in the morning.

Monday and Tuesday both I found myself psyching myself into working out.  You can do it, you can do it, you can do it.  When it was done I felt great.  Yesterday (Wednesday) I did walk around like I had a corn cob up my butt from the lower body sculpting workout the day before, but I’m muddling through.

So surprised I was able to finish my workout today without stopping extra times to catch my breath and keep up.  I like the upbeat music Nichole puts with the Revolt Fitness workouts.  Dancing is a favorite thing of mine (that I haven’t done in a while) so music with a heavy beat appeals to me.

It’s been an emotional week for a couple of reasons.  Just having recovered from the flu my stomach wasn’t 100% at first this week.  Then my monthly gift came knocking on my door giving me one of the worst PMS days I’ve had in a long time.  The new diet frustrated and bored me more than I realized.  Part of it was my own fault.  The cut of steak I bought (which is a crap shoot anyway) was not as tender as I’d hoped and it was not as tasty either.  It was too strong for my taste and made me dread having to eat it every day for a week.  I was actually in tears yesterday (my bad PMS day and go figure my one mandatory workout rest day) over the whole thing because I didn’t know what to do with it and certainly didn’t feel like eating it.  This was on top of being voraciously hungry when the first two days this week I couldn’t finish everything that was on the menu.

The water situation was interesting.  I didn’t think it was going to be a problem being able to drink a gallon of water every day. . . until I tried it.  Monday I barely downed half a gallon.  Tuesday I made it up to 3/4 of a gallon and even then I felt like I was going to explode.  Wednesday I drank a whole gallon and then some!!!  I’m well on my way to doing that today.  I kept track using a really simple trick I learned on the Revolt support group – fill a gallon jug first thing in the morning and drink all your water only from that!  Brilliant!  Why didn’t I think of that sooner?  The only problem I had with keeping track of my water consumption that way is that I like my water cold, not necessarily icy, but cold.  I was having a hard time sucking down the room temperature water.  So I filled the jug with as much ice as possible then filled the rest with water so it’d stay cold (I don’t have room in the fridge to keep the jug, fyi).  Also, I used a 32 ounce cup we picked up at a Cincinnati Reds game early last month.  It took 4 full tumblers of water to empty the jug.  Lightbulb!!! Why not just use that cup to drink from?!?! It’s so much easier to fill with ice than trying to shove the cubes through the little jug opening.

So, that’s what I’m doing so far.  Back on track with the diet, though I still don’t really want to eat that steak and I ran out of chicken :(.  I like the salads and fruits and veggies.  They keep me full and distracted to the fact I haven’t had any kind of bread in a week!  Well, that is a bit of an exaggeration I did have one last hurrah and ate a Steak N’Shake Double with cheese.  The waiter didn’t make it right so when hubby brought it home it was plain as plain could be and not at all appetizing any more.  So that’s what I get for “trying” to be bad one last time!